11 Jan

Interrogatories and Request for Production of Documents

An update on the Power Hour trademark case:

My lawyer sent Steve Roose a set of Interrogatories and Requests for Production for Documents on November 1st. He was required to answer the questions we sent and supply copies of the requested documents within a month. December 1st came and went and Steve still hasn’t responded. Interesting.

Since Steve isn’t communicating back, my lawyer now has to file a Motion to Compel Discovery. Basically we have to get the court to order Steve to answer our questions and give us the information we need for the case. I’ll let you know how/if Steve responds once he’s being “compelled”.

Categories: Trademark Dispute
  1. anonomous
    January 11th, 2011 at 18:31 | #1

2. anonomous
    January 11th, 2011 at 18:48 | #2

Dude you simply MUST track your income while this is going on. You can sue him for lost income. I would talk to your atty. Start some kind of suit aginst HIM! This will require him to start supporting a bloodsucker of his own (read: all atty’s). When he is paying out he will be alot less inclined to start more against someone who will fight back (by fight back i mean put some expenses in his mailbox) and he will back off. Do NOT just defend yourself…fight man! Kick that bully in da nads.

And why isn’t your atty requesting the court drop the case due to to his lack of response to discovery?

3. anonomous
    January 17th, 2011 at 11:09 | #3

YA, go after him for lost income. He will keep doing this to others. He might even trademark the name Ali and try to get you to change your name.

4. admin
    January 17th, 2011 at 11:17 | #4

We can’t just go ask for the case to be dropped because we have to do this Motion to Compel first. Then I’m not even sure what comes after that. It’s a long crappy process and I avoid asking my attorney what comes next because I have to shell out every time he talks to me haha! That’s also why I haven’t asked about a countersuit. But yeah, you’re right. Steve has had zero expenses in his mailbox so far which is what makes this so frustrating.

5. anonomous
    January 17th, 2011 at 17:19 | #5

If he started this by sending you stuff from his “legal” team then he should have to pay for your court cost minimum. If he didn’t start this then you wouldn’t have to pay anything either. In his mind its probably not worth it anymore and just walked away from it since his is out nothing but time. Judge Judy/ People court time. That would be awesome. Judge Judy would side with you in a second and tear him apart at the same time. How awesome would that be to watch.

6. admin
    January 17th, 2011 at 17:27 | #6

Haha I do believe it would make for some excellent daytime television

7. scott
    February 15th, 2011 at 14:02 | #7

i have a feelin their doing this thinking that your eventully gonna abck down, cuz they scared and have no options left

8. anonomous
    February 16th, 2011 at 17:00 | #8

There is no “their”. Its only one guy, chances are with no lawyer. He is not making any money off his dvds or bottle bongs so now he is trying to sell real-estate. The way you can hurt him the most is to have all this negative stuff show up in search engines when you google his name.

1. January 11th, 2011 at 18:11 | #1